Sunday, June 24, 2007

Just a simple weekend

Was what I enjoyed (albeit the occasional boredom) for the past two days. The last weekend was quite a whirlwind, with the fun & frolic at six flags hurricane harbor followed by something that every Tamilian around the world must have done, the inevitable trip to the theatres to see the unmissable Shivaji. The movie was decent, probably its only fault being that it stuck to expectations to the T. Definitely over hyped, yet it was not a bad three hours. The "Thalaivar" did, as always do a good job. I found the sets very extravagant, and would have preferred a simple and sweet "Sahana.." on location. But the words captivated me far more than the surroundings. Say what you may, but a blonde & fair Rajnikanth is so not hot!!

Hurricane harbor ruined my carefully straightened hair, but it did bring back memories of a few amazing times in the pool. I was not one of those students who was good at sports, thanks to my klutzy ways and clumsiness on land. Swimming was the first sport that I felt (and still feel) graceful at; and I had some very happy moments in the water, with a few waves thrown in for our benefit. It did give us a great workout as well; we all felt it in our hamstrings that night.

I spent most of yesterday doing something that I like doing solo: shopping. Perhaps because of my complete patience at this activity, or due to the lack of it with my frustrated counterparts, I have always shopped alone. The several semi annual sales thrown in for good measure by the shops did but help burn a bigger hole in my wallet, forcing me to stay at home for most of the day today.

I picked up "The Queen" to watch before bedtime, as a bookend to a silent weekend. Based on the time of Mr. Blair's ascent to presidency and Princess Diana's' unfortunate death, the queen has intrigued me for the past fifteen minutes. A temporary hiatus, and I resume my movie watching...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Heh, they morphed the color of an angrezi babe and applied that to Rajni's face for each frame of that song where he appears 'dirty' white :) It doesn't suit him, yeah.

Check this video out where they show how they turned his face white: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9145836371042049939&q=sivaji+face&total=9&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Hehe :)

Unknown said...

Correct link :p

Divya said...

tagged u..