Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Random

When we age, it does happen quite fast. The days fly by so quickly and before you realize it, another year has gone by and another birthday approaches. It is quite hard to digest the fact that a sweet sixteen was a long time ago, more so because of the responsibilities that people expect you to take over automatically, once you reach a certain age. These days, I can sense the pauses in conversation, as I don't want to talk about certain things. They are better left unsaid.

The city is becoming hotter. I remember this time last year, when I walked down Newbury steet with my friends, as we tried some of the fabulous culinary choices around the area. It was a carefree time, a life that I still yearn for. Somehow, things dont' feel the same anymore. New York, once so fascinating has now become routine. There are like, exactly seven places that I visit day and again. Yet, it does not have the same tranquil vibe as the Christian science center in Boston. A walk around the reflection pool was enough to pick up my spirits, any day.

The weekend was so much fun. My friends helped bring New York to life, and I struggled at one AM to keep my eyes open to enjoy the poker game that I kept cribbing about (well, thats' just me). Time flies so fast when you have company. I wish I could accumulate my days off and just enjoy them together with friends, rather than have restless weekend after weekend. I guess that it is not in my hands, like so many other things. Had they been, would it make things better? Or is the grass greener by the muddy bank? I wonder..

7 comments:

Jayshree said...

Guess its not so much about Boston ,as it is about being a student !

Unknown said...

I wonder... Student life is indeed fun, yet I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.. The satisfaction of a good days' work remains.. but the longing for that oh so perfect walk by the reflecting poolside lingers as well..

Anonymous said...

First time here,


Nice write up.
All blog posts with labels memories are really good esp nila sadham,
nice to read that ppl there write abt it

Unknown,
Nirmal

Divya said...

hmm.. Again a Boston based weekend post! U must come down one of the weekends in june. wat say?

Satish Sathiya said...

I am happy that u had a nice weekend......
Although tiring,even for me that weekend was like a whiff of fresh air....

Unknown said...

Divya, I Cant wait to come! will definitely do!

iblog said...

hey mithra plan a trip to the west coast too.. :) would love to show you around seattle sometime...