Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Graduation

It was the perfect weekend for a happy graduation cermony. Boston, welcoming as always, was crisp & cold. I did shiver, but I loved it. Starting from the trip to the temple on saturday morning in Santosh's new car, a rushed run to to Matthews arena after a long search for unavailable parking, I and Sudan finally made it to the stands, where Natesh, Prabhu and Vikram were already all set. We made it to the stadium, filled with happy friends, proud parents & relatives. A very elating ceremony, one school song and the star spangled banner later, we were the proud graduates.

Holding the diploma (that I received two months ago in the post, by the way), I felt happy, yet a small corner of my heart was feeling the sadness at the change that had set into our lives. Our sights of Boston this time were filled with the certain knowledge that we were not going to be hading back there anytime soon, living that tranquil life, chatting over coffee at the local starbucks, with trips to the local Blockbuster. I have never been as attached to any place.. this kind of reminds me of what my friend Preetha wrote; Somehow I do not think it is the people alone that make a place so dear.. there may be a variety of factors. Of course, good company is very important but there is something about certain places.. the magic aura is infectious.

We had the best two nights of poker, movie nights (Spiderman, which did suck), long holiday-esque lunches, great company and laughter, lots and lots of it..

I have had my share of good times and bad times in Boston, but my mind recollects the good times much better..I hope I can say the same of future days to come..

No comments: